Baby Shower Card

I created this card for our neighbor’s daughter, who is expecting her second boy. It was a relatively quick card to make, as I already had a general idea of how I wanted it to look. (I also had a limited amount of time – my kids went down for naps and slept for about 1.5 hours.) The background was blended with Distress Oxide inks, and images from Lawn Fawn’s Plus One and Ribbon Messages Stamp & Cut from Hero Arts were used.

I started by blending Distress Oxide inks (Broken China, Faded Jeans, Peeled Paint) onto an A2 precut piece of Neenah 80 lb cardstock. Once I got the blending just right, I spritzed some water droplets onto the panel and dried them up with a paper towel after letting the water sit for about 10 seconds. I set the panel aside to dry completely while I worked on the rest of the card elements.

 

I used my MISTI to stamp the stork image onto some Neenah 80 lb cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored in the image with Copic markers: W2, W1, YR15, BG05, BG07. I used my Fiskars micro tip scissors to fussy cut the image leaving a small white border. The stork was adhered to the card front using foam tape, to give it some dimension.

I then used the small banner die from Hero Arts’ Ribbon Messages Stamp & Cut to cut out two banners – one from Neenah 80 lb cardstock, and the other from some Glama 48 lb vellum. I used the Faded Jeans Distress Oxide ink to stamp the curved congratulations sentiment from Ribbon Messages. I adhered the white stamped banner on top of the vellum banner with 1/8″ scor-tape, slightly offsetting the top banner. The attached banners were then adhered under the stork with Scotch foam tape. Before adhering the stork and banner, I used the largest die from Avery Elle’s Finished Frames to cut out the ink blended background and add the decorative diagonal slashed border. This die cut the panel down to 4.25″ x 5″, which allowed for a thin border to peek out once adhered with my ATG to an A2 top fold card base. I chose to use Bazzill cardstock in Gumball for the card base, as I thought it matched the color of the spots where the water removed some of the blended oxide ink. The cardstock was cut to 4.25″ x 11″ and then I used my scoring board to score at 5.5″ which created an A2 top fold card.

For the inside of the card, I used the oven image and the coordinating sentiments, and stamped them onto a white piece of cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored the oven and the bun with the following Copics: C1, C3, T1, E33, BG05, R29. This was then adhered to the inside of the card with my ATG.

I wrote a short message under the image and then tucked the completed card into a vellum envelope before hand delivering it next door.

You may also like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *